An Overview of the Beliefs of Scriptural Baptist Church
1. In the Infallible Verbal Inspiration of the whole Bible, and that the King James, 1611 Version is the only faithful English translation of God’s Word (the only one to be used ), II Timothy 3:16.
2. That God is One Lord, yet three personalities, but not separate persons. Matthew 28:19; John 14:16; I John 5:7.
3. In the Genesis Account of Creation, and not entertaining a gap theory. Genesis, chapters one and two.
4. In the Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ. Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:20; Luke 1: 26-35.
5. In the Hypostatic unity of Deity and Humanity in one Being, Jesus Christ. John 1:1.
6. That the Crucifixion and suffering of Jesus Christ was a vicarious, or substitutionary, sacrifice for His saints. II Corinthians 5:21.
7. In the bodily resurrection and ascension of Jesus Christ and the future bodily resurrection of His saints. I Corinthians, chapter fifteen.
8. In the coming of Jesus Christ in the air for His people before the seven year Tribulation and His second coming (glorious appearing) to the earth. I Thessalonians 4:13-18; Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11ff (and following).
9. The Bible doctrine of eternal punishment of the unrepentant. Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:43ff; Revelation 20:11ff.
10. That the Great Commission of Matthew 28: 19-20, is given only to the Lord’s Churches, but all Christians have the responsibility to be a witness of Jesus Christ.
11. That Matthew 16:18 teaches that there has been a succession of churches (of like faith and practice which are the Lord’s authorized New Testament Baptist churches) in perpetuity from the days of Jesus Christ until this present day.
12. The Doctrines of Grace, holding to all of its five points, which are as follows: Man’s Total Depravity, Unconditional Election, Particular Redemption, Efficacious Grace and the Preservation and Perseverance of the Saints. Ephesians 1: 1-23; II Timothy 1:9.